At Sun First Solar, we love the benefits of sunlight for solar power, which include ROI, energy savings: reduce or eliminate energy bills, clean energy that’s great for our planet and local community, and strong jobs growth.
But there are many more amazing benefits of sunlight that should be known and appreciated.
Here are 10 advantages of getting a moderate amount of sun exposure:
- Sunlight and whole foods can send breast cancer into remission. American physician Dr. Zane Kime used sunbathing and nutrition to cure his patients. Even in terminal cases, Dr. Kime was able to completely reverse the metastasized cancer.
- The sun’s light kills bad bacteria. German soldiers after World War II were aware of the discoveries that had been made in 1903 by the Nobel Prize winner, Niels Finsen. They used sunlight to disinfect and heal wounds.
- Sunlight has a beneficial effect on skin disorders, such as psoriasis, acne, eczema and fungal infections of the skin.
- Sunlight lowers cholesterol. The sun converts high cholesterol in the blood into steroid hormones and the sex hormones we need for reproduction. In the absence of sunlight, the opposite happens; substances convert to cholesterol.
- The sun’s rays lower blood pressure. Even a single exposure can significantly lower blood pressure in individuals with high blood pressure. On the other hand, pharmaceutical drugs like Statins have side effects, such as robbing the body of Coenzyme Q10. CoQ10 is essential for cellular and heart energy.
- Sunlight penetrates deep into the skin to cleanse the blood and blood vessels. Medical literature published in Europe has shown that people with atherosclerosis (hardened arteries) improved with sun exposure.
- Sunlight increases oxygen content in human blood. Additionally, it also enhances the body’s capacity to deliver oxygen to the tissues; very similar to the effects of exercise. The sun has a great effect on stamina, fitness and muscular development.
- Sunlight builds the immune system. The white blood cells, which increase with sun exposure, are called lymphocytes, and these play a major role in defending the body against infections.
- Regular sunlight exposure increases the growth and height of children, especially babies. Many cultures throughout history have recognized this fact. Studies have shown the amount of sun exposure in the first few months has an effect on how tall the person grows.
- Sunlight can cure depression. The noon sunshine can deliver 100,000 lux. When we sit in offices for the best part of the day, out of the sun, under neon artificial lights (150-600 lux), we are depriving ourselves of the illumination of nature. Sunlight deprivation can cause a condition called seasonal affective disorder (SAD), which is a form or depression. It is more common in winter months, but also common in people who work long hours in office buildings.
Exposure to the sun should be done SLOWLY! Avoid sunburn by building up your tolerance SLOWLY.
Put power of the sun to work for you! To learn more about the financial and environmental benefits of Going Solar, give Sun First a call now at 415-458-5870 or fill out the form below.